Saturday, January 14, 2012

Blog # 6: Hunter talk, with Hunter Griffin, special guest: The Beatles

Me: Good evening ladies and gentleman, I am your host Hunter Griffin. What a show we have for you tonight! The Beatles are here for an exclusive interview! Yes, that is right! George Harrison, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, and Ringo Starr are in the building. Without further ado, let’s welcome The Beatles.
The Beatles: Good evening, thank you for having us on your show tonight.
Me: Don’t mention it! You’re doing me a favor! Especially John and George, I appreciate that on your one week to come back from the dead, you decided to come to my show.
John: I wouldn’t be anywhere else Hunter!
George: Me too!
Me: Ah, I do appreciate that George, after all you are my favorite Beatle.
George: Thank you.
Me: Anyway, I have a few questions if you don’t mind.
The Beatles: No, not at all.
Me: Good, so being one of the greatest bands in history, who were your greatest influences?
John: Without a doubt, Elvis Presley. The way I see it, if there wasn’t Elvis, there would be no Beatles.
Paul: Other than Elvis, Little Richard, Carl Perkins, and Chuck Berry were big influences. Before we were famous, we used to cover there songs.
Me: Wow, and what an influence they did have. Do you guys enjoy knowing that you’re one of the greatest influences in music history?
Paul: Yeah, I suppose it’s pretty damn cool.
Me: I would have to agree, do you mind that lots of people use basically the same tune, chords, and rhythm on their songs that you guys did on your songs?
John: Not really, the fact that we have inspired generations, upon generations of music is cool. As a co-songwriter, I don’t mind it at all.
Paul: Neither do I. I completely agree with John.
Me: Well that is quite nice of you, I have always wondered that. What are your guys thoughts on the movie Across the Universe?
John: We all loved it! We were actually talking about it earlier, we just think it is so cool that we inspired an entire movie!
Me: Well, I'd have to agree. I for one loved the movie. Now John, this question is actually for you. What the hell was going through your head when you wrote Imagine?
John: I think it’s a good song, and it has a good message.
Me: Maybe it has a good message, but I don’t think you understand how annoying it is to have to hear that song at school, all the time.
John: Well, I’m sorry, but I don’t believe it’s a bad song.
Me: Well, I guess I can’t stay mad at you for it. After all, you did write amazing songs before that. Do you guys have any questions for me?
Paul: Well yes, we were actually wondering what your favorite songs by us are.
Me: Well Across the Universe, I just think it’s such a good song. It really touches me for some reason. It also seems like your guys’ saddest song. I like I’ve Just Seen a face, Something, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, I Want to Hold Your Hand, Revolution, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, A Hard Day’s Night, , and many more. I’m sorry, but there are just too many to name.
The Beatles: Well thank you for the compliments!
Me: Don’t mention it! Well I’m afraid we’re out of time, so thank you for stopping by, and I hope you have a great week!
The Beatles: Thank you Hunter, we hope you have a good week too!
Across the Universe
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

No comments:

Post a Comment