Monday, January 9, 2012

Artist #2: Arcade Fire

If you’re looking for an indie rock band to blow your mind, then your search is over. If you continue to read this blog you will understand why Arcade Fire is an amazing group. Arcade Fire has put out three albums in the band’s history. The first album Funeral, the second Neon Bible, and the third and most recent would be The Suburbs. The most famous of these three albums is The Suburbs. In 2011, this album won the Grammy for Album of the Year, the Juno award for Album of the Year, and Brit Award for Best International Album. As you can see, Arcade Fire is a very talented group. The two main people in the group are a husband, and a wife, accompanied by several others. I discovered this band mainly because of my father. He had listened to them before last year, and wanted to buy their new album The Suburbs. However, it took me a while to adjust their sound. It was new to me, but I eventually warmed up to them, and all it took was one night of actually listening to the whole album to get me hooked. I did my homework and listened to their album at the same time, when I was done I couldn’t help but have every song on the album stuck in my head. Since then, I have loved Arcade Fire.
I think that my favorite thing about Arcade Fire is that they have so many different sounds, and all of them are good. One of their songs could be a punk song, the next would be a soft rock, the next an alternative rock, and the next an almost techno sound to it, but all of them would be great songs. The fact that Arcade Fire doesn’t just stick to one sound is amazing. It allows me to appreciate many different genres of music, while adoring just one band. My favorite song off of their first album would have to be Wake Up. The song is so elaborate, and has so much going on in it that it makes it amazing to listen to. Although it is a little depressing, I put up with it, and let it bring me down because of how pleasing it is to listen to. Although I love every song on The Suburbs album, my favorite would have to be Sprawl ll. Sprawl ll is sung by the wife in the group, she has an amazing, and strong voice. This song is another one where when I listen to it, I just become instantly happy. I have never listened to this song, and NOT been amazed by it. Everything that goes on in the background is amazing to me, and when I hear it, I feel alive. One of my favorite parts in the song is when it starts to fade out, and just before it goes completely silent, the song comes back in the same tune but with a higher pitch. This part of the song is so artistically pleasing and genius to me, and always seems to make me smile. I think that music like this is for all to enjoy. If you don’t like a song by Arcade Fire, you will most likely love the next one.
Wake Up
Sprawl 2

No comments:

Post a Comment